“55-75% cheaper to produce parts compared to CNC milling”
No Tooling Costs! – Easy design modifications – Batch production on demand
Advantages Of 3D Printing For Batch Production Runs
1. No Set Up Fees – We don’t charge set up fees for your production runs – this means that you can order as many or as few as you want and not have to worry about breaking even on the set up costs or mould costs like you do in traditional manufacturing, making 3D printing a viable alternative to injection moulding and the like.
2. Fast Lead Times – Due to the lack of tooling, you don’t have to wait weeks or months for the mould tools to be designed – simply place your order and we’ll put it in the queue. Our current record is producing 1,500 parts in 24 hours.
3. Your Prototype And Final Model Will Be Identical – If you choose to prototype your model with us you’ll be using exactly the same machines as you would with your production run, so your prototype would be exactly the same as your final model.
4. Free Polishing – At Maxxeshop we offer a polishing service on any ABS and ASA materials. This smooths the outer surface and can produce a near injection mould quality finish.
Parts That Are Best Suited To 3D Printed Batch Production Runs
1.Very Small Parts – We specialise in the really little parts as we can get these printed much faster than larger models. We place them in and around other parts in whatever builds we have on at the time, meaning you get your orders as soon as possible.
2. Clips, Mounts And Fastenings – The Nylon is strong, so a great choice for your small fastenings and fixtures. Very often when producing a product in low volume it is difficult to justify spending tens of thousands on tooling for these type of items – you may find that 3D printing will be the ideal solution.
3. Personalised Items – Again, due to the lack of tooling, there are no setup costs – this means that you can make unique items for the same price as identical ones. This can be great for small
Get in touch for a quote!
If you feel we may be able to help with your project then please feel free to contact us for a quote. Our new Manual Upload takes the price breaks into consideration and is the fastest way to get a quote for your project.Contact Us for a Quote Upload STL File for Instant Quote
What to send us:
- If you have an STL file ready to send we can give you a very accurate quote on our automated system immediately or with accurate lead times and usually within 30 minutes during business hours.
- If you do not have a file ready you are welcome to send through any images or drawings of the parts you need and our team can take a look. They can create a new design or even replicate an existing one, often within a week ready for print.
- Let us know the quantities of parts you’re looking to manufacture.
Disadvantages Of 3D Printing For Batch Production Runs
No Economies Of Scale – As there is no tooling, you don’t get economies of scale. This means that the unit cost will remain relatively similar regardless of quantity. However, get in contact with us to see what can be done for your exact quantity.
Large Prints Are Not Viable – When producing larger 3D prints, they can be expensive, and due to a lack of economy of scale there is not much saving with larger orders. With our pricing structure you may be able to get around this if you can ‘flat pack’ your model, but this is not always possible.
Layers – 3D printing involves making parts layer by layer. On our high end machines they are not as visible as they are on most 3D printers, but they do exist and it is difficult to get away from that. Using our polishing service will greatly reduce the effect if you choose to use it.